Why every Small Business should opt for Remote IT support
Small businesses face the challenge of keeping their IT infrastructure running smoothly and this can be a very time-consuming and expensive process. Most businesses lack the expertise and experience to do this themselves and those that do, will spend too much time and money to manage their systems internally. Thus, they make use of third-party IT support.
Up until a few years ago, businesses only had the option of on-site IT support. However, today many vendors offer 24/7 remote IT services. As technology advances, so does the need to provide valuable remote IT support for all employees. Business computer technicians can resolve many IT issues using remote access tools, which refer to a system which allows a person to connect with and make use of another computer or network from a remote location.
The tasks include:
- Accessing a specific desktop, laptop, or server
- Managing files on the computer or server
- Updating server software
- Running diagnostic and maintenance programs
- Training end users on new software and protocols
Benefits of remote IT support:
- Flexibility– Support is always there when you need it. Your service provider is just a call or email away and technicians will be waiting to assist you with the issue at hand. Response time is considerably faster than on-site visits.
- Reduced costs– Service providers usually provide assistance without additional fees and other costs incurred for every on-site visit. It is much cheaper for the vendor to provide the service remotely and this reflects the price that the clients pay.
- Maintenance – Regularly scheduled maintenance services are a strategic management tool for preventing network downtime. Service providers monitor your system constantly and are always on the lookout for potential problems. Thus, these problems are identified and dealt with before they impact your business. When you consider the cost of an hour of downtime across the company, the cost of remote IT support will look like a bargain.
- Increased productivity – Professional IT support allows employees to focus on their work instead of being distracted with IT issues. Even a minor issue, like not knowing how to use a specific system function, is quickly dealt with through IT support. Furthermore, in the event of a system fault, IT solutions are sped up, reducing downtime and allowing employees to continue their work as quickly as possible.
All common and most occurrent computer mishaps such as scanning for malware, installing drivers, upgrading applications and software, and removing computer viruses can be resolved with remote IT support. As technology advances, so does the need to provide fast IT support within any business. If you are interested in such a service, kindly contact Clamtech on +356 2090 8800 or by email on: [email protected]